Congratulations! You've decided to take that bold step forward to have a glamour pin-up photography session. There are many rewards that will come from making this decision. Pin-up photography is all about making you look incredible and having a blast while doing it. This shoot will be a collaboration to create a beautiful and unique collection of artistic photographs of you, especially for you.
Yes, you will be center stage and that can be a bit unnerving but this experience is also very exciting! Trying different outfits and poses along with those flirty facial expressions will make you look stunningly beautiful. My job as a professional is to make you feel comfortable and to capture your inner spirit and outward beauty. The level of exposure is a choice which is entirely yours. Most of all, be who you are and be comfortable in your body.
Your concern of a particular body part showing in your photographs we will have already discussed, so don’t stress! Poses that flatter you will be used to show off your beauty without insecurity.
In preparation for your photo shoot here are a few suggestions that may help in the planning for your special day.
- First you need to think about what it is you want to portray in your photographs – “What kind of Image Do You Want to Project in your Portraits”?
- Will these photographs be more for you or to excite your sweetheart? Gals and Guys look at sexy from two different perspectives. The guy perspective is more about the visual with the long legs, breasts and curves. The gal is more about what is hidden than revealed with a more romantic appeal with a softer approach with more mystery. Therefore, collect as many inspiration photos as possible. This will provide me with a starting point on what poses you love. Good sources are photographer websites, magazines like Maxim, or even lingerie websites like Victoria's Secret. Then email the images to email@example.com so I can help you recreate the poses you love.
- Every gal has exceptional physical features. Every gal has looked into the mirror and said to herself "I have really nice ……… ". Let the photographer know about your assets.
- Our sessions include a professional makeup artist and hair stylist to make you look totally over the top. Make sure your hairstyle and makeup reflects who you are. But have it done in a way that pleases you and makes you feel sexy rather than the everyday wash and go look. Don't feel you have to have your hair or makeup done in a way that is totally not you. Treat yourself to a day of feeling great.
- False eyelashes are included in the makeup. They may feel weird but I can’t stress this enough. In the photos they make a HUGE difference. You may not really notice them in the photos depending upon the size of the prints, but you will notice their effect as they will really accentuate your eyes.
- Wear a gel deodorant as the white chalky deodorant will show.
- Remember to bring a hair brush, hairspray and your makeup bag just in case a touch up is required.
- Make sure your entire day is free so that you are not worried about time. Be sure to call me if you get a little behind in your hair and makeup session as this will reduce the worry part on your end.
- Get to the shoot a little earlier than scheduled as there is nothing worse than being late which causes "stress". It will be written all over your face when you arrive at the studio after fighting the traffic . So give yourself plenty of time before and after the shoot.
- Wear loose clothing to the shoot to avoid bra lines or elastic waist band lines that will show up in photos.
- Drinking lots of water the day before the shoot. This will give you a healthy glow from the inside out. You'll look better, you'll feel better...
- Brings LOTS of outfits say at least 3-5 changes, minimum.
- Remember to bring accessories such as favourite jewelry, matching shoes, stockings, and props too! Bring more than you think you will need. It's always better to have more rather than thinking, "I wish I'd brought that!"
- Bring clothing for different moods, so that you're guaranteed to feel good in something, depending on what mood you're in. Bring something sweet and innocent; bring something a little racy....
- If you have purchased new lingerie it would be advisable to put on your lingerie well before the shoot and get comfortable in the pieces that you have chosen. Be sure to pick items that make you feel good.
- If looks wrinkled, iron them before the shoot.
- Sometimes wearing what you already own is the way to go. It is not necessary to go and purchase a whole new wardrobe for the shoot. But then again... gals like to shop.
- At the shoot I will suggest that you wear your least favourite outfit first and save your favourite outfit for last. It takes a bit of warming up to the camera, so this means that your best images will be captured later on in the photo session.
- If there is a specific music artist or album that you like let me know and I will have the music for you. Or you can bring your own music if you like.
- If you feel overly nervous please bring a girlfriend. They don't have to be in the studio as the shoot is going but I would rather you be as comfortable as possible.
Have a blast! No matter what flaws you think you may have, remember, you are a very sexy woman!
In conclusion, I wanted to leave you with a reminder that your photography session will be conducted tastefully and carried out in a sensitive and relaxed manner. As your photographer, I totally understand that you will require a higher amount of sensitivity and understanding during the photo session.
All your photographs will be kept in strict confidence and will be handled with the utmost in respect and discretion and no images will be shown without your written permission. I only use professional labs that will safeguard your privacy. If you choose a different photographer make sure they have a similar policy.
All the photographic content on the Brass Edge Photography web site is copyrighted by Dean Watkiss.